From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:50:54 EDT
In a message dated 6/23/2003 3:03:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> The transcript, which is now at the Library of Virginia was published in
> it's entirety in the William and Mary Quarterly -- 4W2 (1924),
> 16-35,145-162.  The tobacco law covers pp 17-31.

Peter,

Thank you very much for the information and correction on the source -- the
transcription in William and Mary Quarterly, not Hening's.  All I remember is
that I have it, copied it several years after finding the John Baughe reference
in the index in the Virginia Historical Reference, and incorrectly, without
having it in front of me, thought it had to be Hening's.

The loss of the unprinted documents also makes me again want to weep over the
loss of the early Henrico County records, as I strongly believe that this
John Baugh was probably the father of the touted-by-all immigrant/progenitor of
Henrico Baughs -- William Baugh who died in 1687 (and my ancestor through wife
probably #2 Elizabeth (?) Packer Sharpe).

Thanks Again!

Janet (Baugh) Hunter