From:
Jessica Welton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:04:55 -0400
I don't know of a book, but I wrote a paper several years ago for Dr.
Charles Brownell at VCU (Art History) on Charles Read, architect of
Virginia Theological Seminary...And wanted to tie him in to Courtenay
Welton (many of the Hampden Sydney buildings) and UVA and VMI  campus
architecture.

Dr. Brownell would be a great source.

I will try to email you a copy of the Read paper if you like.
Jessica Welton

Welton Design
205 North Tilden Street
Richmond, VA 23221