From:
Thomas Katheder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2008 15:16:49 -0400
Col. Baylor imported Fearnought, the most important thoroughbred in pre-
Revolutionary America, in 1764.  Big Brown, the Triple Crown contender who
will race at Belmont this Saturday, is descended from Fearnought an
astonishing 5,734 times.  Here is a link to an article I wrote about this
appearing in today's (June 4) Fauquier Times-Democrat:

http://www.fauquier.com/news/2008/jun/03/belmont-favorite-big-browns-
virginia-legacy/

I have a longer, feature-length version of the piece and will send it on request.

Thanks.

Thomas Katheder