From:
Catherine Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:24:50 -0400
Dear List,
Watching this discussion unfold, I hope that you all will tune in to
BackStory's interview with Annette Gordon-Reed, who has just finished a
new book on this subject: The Hemingses of Monticello--An American
Family (not yet released). She has some very interesting things to say
about why this debate is still so interesting to Americans. She is a
guest on our history of interracial mixing show, which will air in
Virginia on July 26th (WMRA) and 27th (Radio IQ). Out-of-staters will be
able to listen to the show online by audio stream or podcast at
www.backstoryradio.org. "BackStory With the American History Guys" is a
new public radio show that brings historical perspective to the events
happening around us every day.

Catherine Moore
Research/Production Assistant
BackStory, VFH Radio