From:
"Harold S. Forsythe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 10:53:03 -0400
  I think you can rely on Michael Johnson's meticulous scholarship without worry.
For an example, see the last two numbers of the William & Mary
Quarterly, where Johnson has reexamined the evidence for the
Denmark Vesey conspiracy and developed a new interpretation of
the events.  The WMQ published a symposium on Johnson's
essay in its most recent edition.