From:
Bill Welsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2016 11:42:49 -0400
Dear Friends,

I’m very sad to report that Dr. Harry M Ward died yesterday.  Harry Ward was one of the founders of the American Revolution Round Table of Richmond and a great friend.  And a wonderful scholar and author of numerous books and articles.

The note and picture from his niece Frances is below.  Hopefully, the picture came through.

He had been sick with stage 4 cancer and knew the end was near, but it came faster than we all expected.  There will be an obituary in the Richmond Times Dispatch and a service probably next week.

I hope to see you at the service.  We will be putting something on our site in memory and honor of Harry.

This is truly bad news.  It was my privilege and pleasure to know Harry as a friend for the last ten years.  I shall miss him.  Prayers for Harry – and all of us - gratefully accepted.

Bill

·
This afternoon, my precious Uncle Harry Ward passed away. He was a scholar, an incredibly prolific author of history books, articles, etc. A self-proclaimed eccentric, joke-telling smartie, a gentle Libertarian, and the last of his immediate family. He will be missed, every day.