From:
Rondina Muncy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2012 10:45:13 -0500
There were some laws on the books that required a freed slave to vacate the
state. If they did not, they could be taken into slavery again. I suggest
that you look at the Virginia Statutes of Law for the time period that you
were researching. As with many statutes, this one may have evolved over
time, so you will need to search for amendments to it also.

Rondina
Rondina P. Muncy
Ancestral Analysis
4008 Linden Avenue