From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:45:12 -0500
This is more of a mental hiccup than a technological one. The mental
template appears to have been "record the stuff electronically" and
then put it on a shelf, just like it was paper and forget about it.
Electronic stuff has to be migrated to new technologies as they come
available. I first saved my stuff on 5.25" disks, then 3.5"
diskettes, then Magento-Optical, now CD and who knows what after
that. The point is that there has to be an appropriate mental
template to go with the technology. File and forget is not going to
work.

Backup of data is the first step. Safe storage is the second. Migrate
the data is the third, and that should be done on a regular basis.

Lyle Browning, RPA