Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2015 09:41:14 -0500
I have a land grant for Henry Rakes jr dated 22 August 1787.

The last line of the land grant reads "in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty seven and of the Commonwealth the ????"

I can not figure out what the ???? is. It seems to be some type of dating as I see it on many of the land grants of this period usually something like "and of the Commonwealth 13"

Any help in understand what this means would be appreciated.

Thanks
Roger