From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 08:37:38 -0400
I trust there is a section on the wonderful heritage of Virginia brass (town) bands.  The Stonewall Brigade Band which is still alive and well and living in Staunton, and the 19th Virginia Heavy Artillery Band (AKA The Smithfield Brass Band) whose band books are the ONLY Virginia Confederate Band Books to survive THE WAR.

Randy Cabell