From:
Diana Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 14:12:36 -0400
Dear Listers:

I have an article from the Kentucky Explorer of 1997. They talk about
getting to KY by way of "Sandy Creek to Ft Pitt' where they waited on a
boat. There have been others that have mentioned Sandy Creek and the
only one I could find on a current map was to far south in West Virginia
to be the right one. I have heard of pioneers going to Redstone to begin
on the Monongahela then to Ft. Pitt. Does anyone know where the Sandy
Creek of the 1790's was?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Diana Kercheval Bennett