From:
"Harbury, Katharine (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:40:01 -0400
Glad to be of help. Dialects and training of clerks can create such
variants in spelling of surnames.

I am not sure when I will have more time to look - today happens to be a
good day for it, but I will keep your request in mind.  As for the term,
"impotent," the meaning in this 17th-century context is "helpless." That
is, Lenham/Lynum was "helpless and poor." As for heirs, I wouldn't know.
He didn't not name any in the will, but it is possible that if he had
any, he gave them their portions long before. This was not always
recorded, however.

Good luck with your research.