From:
Michael Nicholls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2017 08:56:37 -0600
Hey Ryan—Great project and great to put this on line. You might be interested to know that Judith Judah, wife of Benjamin was freed in her mother’s will—Tenah Hope, who was the wife of Caesar Hope the “famous barber of York.” Judith’s earlier efforts to petition the Gen Assembly had failed. In 1828 Judith as the wife of Benj Wythe Judah petitioned the Henrico county court and  was given permission to remain within the state and Richmond. Again, thanks for making all this available on line.

Michael L. Nicholls
Professor of History, Emeritus
Dept. of History
Utah State University