From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:11:29 EST
If used as a first name, it could be a nickname for Henrietta -- one that
census takers OR estate sales recorders would have used routinely if it was her
moniker, as those aren't strictly legal documents from a name point of  view.

As a middle name, the first choice would be an ancestor's surname, either
side.   An important question would be which number child was  she.   Once you
get down to fifth, sixth & seventh, the beloved  neighbors and friends factors
kicks in -- as does the famous personages  factor.

On the other hand, the very FIRST child of my 3 greats grandparents Michael
Marsh and Elizabeth Landing was Algernon Sydney Marsh, b. 1830s.  After  some
research I figured out who Algernon Sydney was -- a son of the Early of
Leicester who in the 1600s espoused governmental ideals which later became  popular
with our Rev. War cause (if I understand it correctly), and for  whom a
college in Virginia is named.  Michael Marsh & Elizabeth Landing  were at least
third generation U.S. citizens with origins in the   northeastern corner of NC.

To determine if a surname is involved, I'd also look at the given and  middle
names of your Henry lady's first and second cousins to see if you come up
with anything.  You didn't give us any hints as to the surname or  location of
the individual about which you are concerned, but there were many  members of
the Henry family (beyond Patrick Henry's - famous personage) in the  Shenandoah
Valley and East Tennessee at that time.

Good Luck.

Janet Hunter