From:
drurywellford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:47:26 -0400
As I understand it, Patrick Henry's law practice after the speech was
largely in the defense of criminals.

Also, as a direct descendant of Landon Carter of  Sabine Hall, word in our
family is that our ancestor greatly  resented that Henry had "lifted" alot
of what he said in his famous speech from Landon Carter's own
writings/speeches.  You might want to refer to Landon Carter's diaries etc.
for more info re Henry's leads on the speech.

Patrick Henry may have been boring,  if the above is true, and a
speechifying opportunist,  like an 18th century Geraldo Rivera, but given
the number of children he had there are some who didn't find him quite so
boring!