From:
John Philip Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 21:33:31 -0500
Any chance for DVD's soon?

John Philip Adams
Texas

-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion of research and writing about Virginia history
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Henry Wiencek
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 8:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CSA-- Confederate States of America

I urge anyone in range of Charlottesville to come in and see the new
"mockumentary" film "CSA-- Confederate States of America," which is
terrific.  For those who haven't heard, the premise is that the Confederacy
won the war, and the "documentary" traces the history of the nation from the
southern victory at Gettysburg to the present time.  From the early
publicity I had expected a simple-minded, southern-bashing romp, but the
film does not do that at all, and instead we get something far better and
much deeper.  Don't worry- it's funny, and you will leave it in a mood to
argue.  It's in limited release now, and I'm told that some theaters won't
book it.  Tell your local 8-screen cineplex to get it!

Henry Wiencek