From:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:11:02 -0500
Randy's question set me to thinking along another line: My limited
knowledge of military practices of the time does include that drums were
used as signalling devices for a great many purposes. Some of those
purposes were later served by bugles. Did the early English soldiers in
Virginia perhaps have one or more buglers with them? And would there
have been any difference in the instrument's mouthpiece?

Brent Tarter
The Library of Virginia

Visit the Library of Virginia's web site at http://www.lva.lib.va.us