From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:07:25 -0500
Whoops.....  I don't think annexation  by a town takes it off the county tax
rolls.  From what I recall digging through the land records, a town resident
is still taxed on land + buildings at the same rate as county residents, but
in addition has a town tax on top of it.  I know that does not sound
equitable, but at least the town resident gets to elect a County Supervisor
and a Town Coucilperson -- i.e. Taxation WITH representation :))

Randy Cabell