From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 01:16:35 GMT
James,
I am only speaking for myself here, and my results. I have heard from people who were not able to connect, but that is not my case. According to Family Tree DNA, my Group is T2 (Tara), and came out of North Africa about 45,000 years ago. This is my female ancestor, who was probably moving in a group. She entered Europe through the Iberian Peninsula, and so far I have been contacted by DNA cousins from, Spain, Italy, Germany, Russia, Switzerland, Denmark, France, England, Wales, and Ireland. Sometime around 1650 my ancestor entered the US, and lived in Virginia.

This is not just DNA, but my own research and information I received from my, DNA "Cousins".  I heard from two cousins recently, one living in Alabama, and another in Denmark. The cousin in Denmark, shared quite   a bit of information with. Probably because her family has been there for generations.

As far as the technical aspects of how they do it, I am not a scientist. I can basically gloss over the information, but leave it up to the researchers at Family Tree DNA, and other DNA projects.

Anita

-- James Brothers <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Event a geographical location is only possible once the DNA "library"
is large enough. There is considerable question whether or not that
point has been reached. And if you get technical, based on the latest
I have seen on hominid evolution, in the end we are all Africans.