From:
Randolph Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:24:57 -0400
I don't know what to say.  It is sad that it is going to go after all these
years.  It is quite a good magazine, and I have enjoyed it.

On the other side of the coin, we ARE facing unbelievable hard fiscal times.
I expect for state agencies, like the Library of Virginia, it is forcing a
serious evaluation of ALL functions.  Then, no doubt, ID of what can be
dropped and how many people and $ will that save.  The Cavalcade is So good,
has any analysis been done on whether it could survive with increased rates?
I would be willing to pay more, but the question is 'would those remaining
subscribers at a higher rate more than make up for lost subscribers at the
lower rate.'  I don't know.

Randy Cabell