From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 23:20:54 -0400
I spent the afternoon at the State Library
and looked through as many of the maps as I
could find. What i did not find was King
William. I looked in the Tidewater Virginia
Families periodical (Their shelf number is
CS42.T52 at VSLA.) by Davis and found some
plats by J.W. Doyle of King & Queen, but
nothing for King William. Unfortunately, I
deleted your post with the actual reference.
Could you supply that again as I think I
didn't get it correctly transcribed.

Westmoreland County was done to about the 80%
level by Wolfe in 1942. Is the one you refer
to in your post today a reprint of that one
or a redone edition?

Halifax & Pittsylvania have a book done by
Dodson in 198? with surveys, but no map
appended. Is this the one you refer to or is
there something which the library hasn't got?

The need to regularize all this info is
there. There is no heading under which one
can look in the search engines at the State
Library which will get one specifically to
the maps already done, if, indeed, they are
there in the first place.

Any help you could give me on references
would be greatly appreciated. Have you e-mail
contacts at the various county historical
socs that you've mentioned? Often trying to
track them down is the most time consuming
part of the process and that is what I have
in small amounts between my contract living.

Thanks in advance.

Lyle