Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 01:45:53 -0400
Adrian Zolkovar's statement below is downright odd.  I can't see any kind of logical connection to the words I wrote.  Zolkover's comment is a non-sequitor.

To reprise: MacDonald implied that Kukla had been misleading, or perhaps even dishonest.  This was because, MacDonald wrote, Kukla did not explicitly reveal that the stuff in Jefferson's Commonplace book was not actually written by Jefferson, but rather was a bunch of quotes that Jefferson transcribed from other people's writing.

I replied with the comment below.  A commonplace book, by definition, is a collection of quotes from other people's writings.

What does any of this have to do with what Jefferson was thinking about when he was 15?  Yes, Jefferson was 15 when he compiled the Commonplace book--but that fact is irrelevant to the implication by MacDonald, and to my reply.

And how does any of this relate to my maturity, or lack thereof?

All best,
Kevin