From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:12:41 -0500
I am very interested in the introduced plants that were brought over
by various settlers and ethnic groups, and are still found in certain
specific areas of Virginia. A long time ago I read an article about
this. As I recall, there was a type of thistle from Canada that has
been found in one place, a type of purple onion originally from
Russia that is somewhere else. A type of small daffodil that you can
find along roadsides, sort of gone wild, is a very old type planted
by early settlers. I love the old, almost-extinct varieties of garden
plants like that. It would make an interesting study, if someone
hasn't already done one.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone