From:
Laura Fortune <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 22:34:09 -0400
You are really misinformed.  Jim Crow laws lasted long after the Lovings
were married and managed to get the Supreme Court decision that Virginia's
marriage laws were illegal.  On my return to Virginia ibn 1973 after living
elsewhere with a military career husband, I learned that the school system
in which I was to teach was integrated for the first time that year.  I
suppose you think that Rosa Parks's decision to take the vacant seat was of
no value.  May I say that there are many acts of seemingly unimportant
significance at the time that led to major changes in our culture and lives.

Laura Catherine