From:
Bill Welsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2012 21:42:56 -0500
Hi Folks,

Was America Founded As a Christian Nation?  An interesting and potentially provocative question that John Fea will address in his presentation “Religion and the Founding Fathers” at the next American Revolution Round Table of Richmond meeting on Wednesday, January 18, 2012, at the University of Richmond.  The question is based on John’s book of the same title.  Meeting details and maps are at http://arrt-richmond.org/3.html.  Please join us....

As we start our sixth year.  From a beginning group of five, we now have 65 dues paying members, with about 40+ attending meetings and over 200 on our email distribution list.  Thank you very much for your participation and support in helping us grow.  Please continue to pass the word to your history friends and invite them to a meeting.  There’s always room for more.  Our topics and dates for the coming year are at http://arrt-richmond.org/2.html.  Thanks to Bruce Venter, we have a diverse and enlightening year in store.  And speaking of Bruce....

His America’s History LLC is sponsoring a Conference on the American Revolution from March 23 – 25, in Williamsburg.  Just as with ARRT-Richmond, Bruce has lined up an impressive list of speakers.  Details are at http://americashistoryllc.com/2011/12/a-conference-on-the-american-revolution-and-tour-of-yorktown-battlefield/.  Again, please spread the word and plan to join us.  It’s right in our backyard.

The 231st Anniversary Commemoration of the Crossing of the Dan will take place on February 16 – 18, 2012, in South Boston, VA.  This is always both a moving and enjoyable day.  I highly recommend the event and the exhibit to all.  More information is at http://www.prizery.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=199&Itemid=191.

Please also check the Great Bridge Battlefield and Waterways site at http://gbbattlefield.org/.  There is much good history and information about the group’s efforts to interpret this important, but often overlooked, Virginia battle.

Finally, don’t forget Patriots of the American Revolution magazine. http://www.patriotsar.com/  It’s certainly the best such magazine out there and getting better all the time, thanks to David Reuwer and Benjamin Smith and their staff.

Thank you for reading and sharing this information.  As always, if you wish to be removed from this list, please send me a note at [log in to unmask]  Thank you for not marking this as spam.  And Happy New Year.

Bill Welsch