From:
Jane Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:50:42 -0400
Anita you are correct.  My grandmother Hattie Carrie Jane Little-Tabor who was my mom's mom had a clay milk churn that she used as a farm wife in Madison County,Georgia.  We still have it.  According to traditions in several Indian communities switches were bundled up and placed in a corner to remind the children in the family not to misbehave.  Also American Indian Children were loved and respected by their families and encouraged to do well.  This possibly kept them from misbehaving.  The milk churn did contain several switches that she and my mom kept there to remind me and my brothers to behave.  All three of us grew up and did well.  No drugs,drink,etc.  Jane.