From:
Debra Jackson/Harold Forsythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:56:36 -0400
It is my understanding that Tidewater Virginia and eastern North Carolina
are part of the same plate in plate tectonics, so such a movement is
practically inconceivable.  Island do not float in the water, they are
essentially mountains that are rooted like all the Earth in their particular
plates, with islands being those parts that stick up out of bodies of water.

Climate change, flooding, etc., are problems in meteorology:  The movements
of igneous, sedimentary, and/or metamorphic rock are problems in geology.

Harold S. Forsythe