From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:13:24 -0400
Before the list erupts in a flurry of "Was not!"  "Was so!" posts, it would
be nice to see a response to my and Leslie Anderson's fair and reasonable
queries about actual evidence for statements made about the administration
of the 1870 census:
L.A. : So the question remains unanswered.   Are you aware of sources?
Does anyone on the list know of documentation that supports the assertion
that "In 1870, most census takers were often former slaves"?

J.K.: I'm (still) curious about the documentary evidence for the statement
that "In 1870,
most census takers were often former slaves....."

Jon Kukla
www.JonKukla.com <http://www.jonkukla.com/>
Online interview : http://www.virginiavoice.org/celebrity.html