From:
Beth Bond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 16:20:25 -0400
Hello everyone,
  I am very disturbed by what I just saw on the Virginia Genealogical
Society website. Their alert page at: http://www.vgs.org/alert.htm
refers to a possible closing of LVA on Saturdays.

 Right now I can get there one day during the week and usually on Saturdays.
But during the summer with a job I have all summer, I can only get to LVA on
Saturdays.

I know that is true for alot of people all year long and particularly people
from out of town or out of state.

 I also volunteer there one Saturday a month. I would be more than willing
to volunteer there two Saturdays a month if it would help.

 Since they close early during the week at 5:00 and are open from 9:00 to
5:00 when most people are working, it is very difficult for alot of us to
get there during the week.

 I know they are having budgetary problems but it is supposed to be a public
building for the public.

 There must be a way we all can help somehow.

Mr. Tarter, what do you think?

Thank you.
     Beth