From:
Mildred Fournier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:44:51 -0500
It really doesn't matter much whether buttermilk is fresh if you are cooking
with it.  Think sour cream or yogurt  It has already soured.  If you are
drinking it or eating with a bowl of cornbread (yum!!) then you want fresher
milk.

And, by the way, buttermilk gives an extra special flavor to that cornbread,
too!

Pity is, you can't get real buttermilk anymore. It is all "cultured"
whatever that means.  At least around her.

Mildred "Mickey" Fournier
1730 SE County Rd 252
Lake City, FL 32025-1703