From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 06:56:45 -0500
Those pesky Carolinianans again.  First it was the Movavians claiming they
brought brass music to Amercia, and now the Charlestonians eclipse
Williamsburg on the preservation front.

But really that is pretty much like comparing apples and oranges.
Charleston had a BIG reason to be there.  It was THE southern port, center
of commerce and industry, even had a railroad going upcountry while we
Virginians (alas, led by Joseph Carrington Cabell) were still digging a
canal to nowhere.  And of course as every good South Carolinian knows,
Charleston is located on the point where the Ashley and Cooper Rivers flow
together to form the Atlantic Ocean.

All in all, Chas had a lot more buildings to start with, so even if they
preserved the same %, it would be a potload more than Williamsburg ever had
to start with.

Randy Cabell - The Trumpeter of Jamestowne