From:
Terry Meyers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2013 09:47:33 -0400
	Thanks.   It does seem likely that such a checkpoint could have been located there, and the gate Sneden appears to depict could well have been erected after the Battle of Williamsburg (May 5, 1862).

	But the account specifies that the "entrance" was there *before* the occupation, so it's still not clear to me how it was marked (if it was) or what its function might have been at that time.