From:
John Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 00:18:17 +0100
DATES
As far as dates are concerned, it's clear to me that those authors who quote
1812 are unaware that the first British entry into the Chesapeake during the
War of 1812 was in February 1813, with an advance party of four ships, while
the main squadron arrived at, and anchored in, Lynnhaven Bay on 3 March. The
letter of 22 August 1813 is very welcome, as it fits nicely with the
information in, first, the muster of HMS DRAGON, showing four refugees