From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 20:33:20 -0500
Yes, I know that supposed to be run, but John Paul was born in Scotland. He
changed his name to add the Jones after  his original name was synonymous
with piracy, shady deals, and murder. He wanted a fresh start, and after
that, he did all those wonderous things that he is remembered in history
for.

Just finished the page for John Paul Jones at
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org/famamer/JJones.html

Thanks to James, Phoebe and Jeff South for their links and information. I
especially like the link Phoebe supplied that included a link to book on
John Paul Jones. Perhaps I will try to do indexes like that for others of
the Famous Americans.

As always, the summary page is intended to be read to or ready by children
in primary school, and the links are there to help the older ones find more
information.

As for the fuddy-duddies who complain when some of us indulge in "trivia",
take a look at where it leads. Next to be done is Nat Turner, so anyone with
links to him, send them on. I may not get to work on it tomorrow since we
will be celebrating 25 years of wedded bliss, and the day after is my
birthday. But, I will get to Natty by the end of the week.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org