From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:22:55 -0400
You can access the digitized images of the VCRP Survey Reports through the
LVA website. The index to the VCRP Survey Reports is also searchable
there.
  The "survey reports" are typsecript descriptions of British records
related to VIrginia that also served as microfilm orders for the roughly
1000 reels of VCRP microfilm held by the LVA, Va Hist Soc, UVA library,
and Colonial WIlliamsburg Library - the four institutions that
cooperatively administered the VCRP project from the 50s through the
early 80s.
  The VCRP project was an outgrowth of the 1957 programs for the 350th
anniversary of Jamestown. A more detailed description of the project is
found in the 2-volume Kukla and Kneebone, eds., Guide to Survey Reports
of the Virginia Colonial Records Project published by the Library of
Virginia in the 1980s.

jk

--
Dr. Jon Kukla, Executive Vice-President
Red Hill - The Patrick Henry National Memorial

Fax 434-376-2647

- Lynn B. Davis, Office Manager
- Karen Gorham, Associate Curator
- Edith Poindexter, Curator