From:
"Levy, Suzanne S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:55:38 -0500
For the past few years our library system has selected a title to
encourage our citizens to read. This year I have been tasked with
getting together suggestions for
titles that

*        appeal to men and women

*        aren't too long

*        are available in PB and other formats

    and

*        the author is alive and doing appearances

I have a few ideas but I know this group always comes to my aid and I
think I'd like to hear your ideas. By being available in paperback we
mean that copies are available for purchase this year. We normally
choose fiction and the committee would prefer fiction titles that have
something to do with Virginia history. But they will consider
non-fiction as well. I have already suggested James Horn's "A Land as
God Made it: Jamestown and the Birth of America" as one non-fiction
title to think about.

This year we read "Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress" by  Dai
Sijie; in 2005 it was "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini; and in 2004
All Fairfax read "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.

Please share your suggestions and a brief reason why with me at:

I appreciate your help on this.

Suzanne S. Levy, Virginia Room Librarian
Fairfax City Regional Library
3915 Chain Bridge Road
Fairfax VA 22030
703-293-6383