From:
Brian Daugherity <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:59:36 -0400
Does anyone have any more information of Joy Masoff?  I can understand why
the state would want an author with some experience writing children's
books, but it's imperative to get the history as accurate as possible.  Is
she a trained historian?

Her publisher, which I had never heard of, shares the blame, in my opinion.
Did it fact-check the book?  As we know, books are accepted as fact by many
members of the public.

I'll add that I find it extremely disconcerting that any author would take
an Internet web site as a valid source, especially without validating its
claims thoroughly.

Kudos to Carol Sheriff for bringing this to light.

Interesting discussion.

Brian Daugherity