From:
Jurretta Heckscher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:48:57 -0400
Dear listmembers:

Virginia Forum 2007 took place at the Library of Virginia Friday and
Saturday.  It was a wonderful event, full of interesting presentations,
stimulating conversations, great books on Virginia history available at
discounted prices, and the chance to get to know people you may only
have "met" online.  And the Library of Virginia was, predictably, a
superb host.

Best of all, perhaps, the participants included not only professional
historians (of many subject stripes), but librarians, teachers, and
interested members of the public. This gathering--large enough to be
lively but small enough to be personal--is truly meant for anyone with
a strong interest in Virginia's history.

Virginia Forum 2008 will take place in Fredericksburg at the University
of Mary Washington around the same time next year.  I urge everyone on
this list who can do so to plan to attend.   I can practically
guarantee that you'll have a thoroughly enjoyable and thought-provoking
time, learning (as I have) much about topics you've never studied and
more than you knew about topics you think you know already.

Watch the list for more news about next year, including about how you
can help with planning and how to submit proposals for papers, panels,
or other presentations.  Please, *especially* if you are not an
academic, think about what you'd like to share with others and explore
how you can do so.  Virginia Forum is truly public history in the best
sense, and the members of this list are in a unique position to keep it
growing and thriving in that way.

Cheers--

--Jurretta