From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:39:17 -0500
I don't believe it is any Democrat who has violated several articles
of our Constitution, littered the landscape with hundreds of "signing
statements" saying, in essence, Bush doesn't have to obey any law he
doesn't feel like obeying (he has issued more signing statements than
all of our previous presidents combined). Let's see, that would be
ignoring the separation of powers and our system of checks and
balances. And let's not forget doing away with Habeas Corpus, which
has stood us in good stead since the Magna Carta some 800 years ago.
But maybe that's part of the "old Europe" stuff that is dismissed
nowadays. Out it goes. Good Lord is right. Don't talk about Democrats
"getting away with stuff". I can go into several things Bush I and II
have gotten away with, with barely a mention in the media.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone