From:
Gregg Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:47:52 -0400
Dear List Members,

As you know, the Library of Virginia hosts various book talks and events
that are announced here on VA-HIST.  List members have sometimes asked
if these talks are available in another form.  We are please to announce
that our first experiment with audiocasting of such talks is now
available on the Library's Web site.

Our inaugural audiocast is the January 25, 2007, talk by W. Fitzhugh
Brundage, entitled "Commemorating Jamestown: A Clash of Race and
Memory."  Brundage is the William B. Umstead Professor of History at the
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and he spoke on white and
black historical memory using examples from the Jamestown Ter-Centennial
Exposition of 1907.

You can access this lecture by clicking the link below. The presentation
is also available as a text document on the same page.  From the
Library's main Web page, access the audiocast by clicking on "Spotlight"
in the left-hand bar, selecting "Jamestown Events at the Library of
Virginia," and then scrolling down to the listing for the Brundage talk
and clicking on the audio presentation link.

http://www.lva.lib.va.us/whatwedo/lvacasts/brundage/index.htm

We hope to publish other talks in this manner as time, resources, and
copyright permissions permit.

Gregg

Gregg D. Kimball, Director
Publications and Educational Services