Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:12:12 -0600
Prof. Forsythe--You may find a few of the essays in my collection, DEVISING
LIBERTY: PRESERVING AND CREATING FREEDOM IN THE NEW AMERICAN REPUBLIC (Stanford
1995) useful.  I did an essay on private law, Norma Basch did one on marriage
and divorce, Jan Lewis did one on slavery and ideas of property, and Alan Taylor
wrote on competing ideas about land among Native Americans, white settlers, and
the federal government.

David Konig
Washington University in St. Louis

 VA-Hist folks,