From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:29:32 -0500
That would be the Chicacoan (Chickacoan, Sekakacoan) District that
encompassed the area between the Rappahannock and Potomac Rivers in
the early 17th century. Lancaster was formed from Northumberland and
York Counties.

Steve Potter's book "Commoners, Tribute and Chiefs, The Development
of Algonquian Culturel in the Potomac Valley. University Press of VA,
1993 has a good deal about the area and his Ph.D. dissertation was
about the Chicacoan District.

Lyle Browning, RPA