From:
James Hershman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2008 15:03:32 -0500
You are right here, only I would add some emphasis. The extension of,
defense of, and struggle against the racial caste system were central in
Virginia's story for the first two thirds of the 20th century. After the
civil rights movement, the quest for economic development moved into the
central spot. That is not just Black History--that is Virginia History
in that period!

Jim Hershman