From:
Martha Katz-Hyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 09:40:33 -0400
Please excuse the cross-posting.  I have been asked to post the
following by Carol Kennis, from the Colorado Pioneer Springs Museum.
Please contact her directly at [log in to unmask] with any
questions.

Martha Katz-Hyman
******************

Dear Public History Friends.

If you are attending the AASLH conference in Phoenix next week please
consider attending the session on Save Our History Grant Writing,
Thursday morning.

You will :
- Hear tips on how to craft an outstanding grant application

- Learn about the $250,000 Save Our History grant program and how you
can apply for funding to support preservation and educational projects

- Learn the benefits of developing or supplementing your
organization's educational programming and how working with teachers
and students in your community can help you meet your goals and
objectives.

Additionally, the grant writing techniques presented will improve any
grant that you may be working one.

This will be a great chance to hear from History Channel
representatives and a grant panel judge about best practices in
developing projects and writing grant applications.  Save Our History
projects can help you meet your organizational goals and objectives by
supplementing (or in some cases, launching) educational programming,
generating publicity, building meaningful relationships in the
community, and aiding fundraising efforts.

I hope to see you there!
Carol Kennis
Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum