From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 19:13:40 -0500
Are you sure about the illegality of selling a million dollar
property [or any other] for $1? My mother had me become a co-owner of
her property [worth far less than $1 million] some years before she
died. She lived there, paid all costs and expenses, but when she died
there was no problem, no taxes, I was already part owner of the house
and became full owner. I know, as far as Medicare goes, it is illegal
to hand over or sell for a nominal fee your house to a family member,
within a certain number of years prior to you filing for Medicare.
That keeps people from gaming the system. Not that I think the system
is all that great. I don't understand why it would be illegal to sell
your farm, whatever the value, to your son or granddaughter for a
token fee and they become owners. Or have them legally become co-owners.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone