From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:38:41 -0400
I am doing research for a book about one branch of my family in
Virginia. My 3-great grandfather, Richard Lee Cardwell, was in the
Virginia militia during the War of 1812, in Capt. Samuel Thomas'
Company, 98th Regiment of Virginia Militia from from Mecklinburg
County, and later Captain James Neblett's Company of Virginia Militia
from Lunenburg County. Where can I find a copy of his Pension File
[#WD 303], and his Certificate of Discharge and "Descriptive List."
Since he was in local militias and not federal or state militaries,
would there even be such records for him? I am assuming they'd be in
Virginia somewhere, rather than with federal military records at the
National Archives. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone