From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 17:27:52 -0800
When people traveled in the summer time, they would bring items home. I
remember we got a barrel of pecans from Georgia one summer. We got good
fruits and vegetables from as far away as South Carolina. I live in
California and when you shuck the corn, it just does not have that fresh
sweet smell, of fresh grown corn. When I was a child we would go out to the
corn fields and eat the corn right from the stalk.

Now those are the good old days that I miss (smile).

Anita