From:
Dale Dulaney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:04:43 -0500
The General Assembly is back in session and we thought it timely to post an
entry about the surprising history of the "necessary" at the seat of state
government. One of our archivists pieced together this account of the public
privy on Capitol Square from several record collections here at the Library of
Virginia. See the latest entry in the Out of the Box blog from the state’s
archive at the LVA. http://www.virginiamemory.com/blogs/out_of_the_box/