From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2008 13:27:34 -0500
Thank you, Phebe. I will start on this project later today, as soon as I
finish coding a math worksheet worksheet maker that I started last night.

As I have explained before, John Paul Jones was on the first SOL list of
Famous Americans, but he was taken off when it was revised. Back in those
days, before Google came into being, teachers were given no information on
the Famous Americans, no pictures, nothing. That is why I started the Famous
Americans website and why the Famous Americans are visited a dozen times
more per month than any of the other pages I make. Its a matter of NEED.

There are those who would take away the right for some of us to discuss what
seems "trivial" or "mundane" to others, but, to a first grader just
beginning to learn about George Washington and leaders who espoused virtues,
it can be very heady stuff. As those who've written textbooks can attest,
textbooks are a lousy delivery of information to children. What is needed
are dynamic, informative, illustrated websites that can be updated much more
easily than a textbook. For the sake of the wide-eyed first graders, we need
to keep the "trivial" and "mundane" fresh to catch their interests.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org