From:
Thomas Lacy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2017 18:27:36 -0400
I receive your Out of the Box posts and reading Jailing the Jerkers sparked my curiosity - not specifically about the issues in the article but about church histories in general.

For several years we have been researching Stephen Lacy's Meetinghouse founded in 1740 in Hanover County. This is reputed to be the first Meetinghouse established in Hanover and possibly in Virginia according to the recorded history of Calvary Christian Church (Ashland Rd. & Chewning Rod.) formerly Ground Squirrel Meetinghouse established in 1745.

I am a direct descendent of Stephen Lacy, oldest son of Thomas Lacy II, oldest son of Thomas Lacy I, immigrant.

Do you have any history on Lacy's Meetinghouse you could share?

Thank you.

Tom Lacy

Rev. Thomas C. Lacy                                                                                         Founder/Director/Counselor                                                                                                                    New Hope Counseling Service                                                                                                               (804) 749-4050